Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Life Soundtrack Take Two

A year back, I posted about how songs become your life soundtrack, and how people go as far as playing them in their mp3 players on their way to work as if the theme of the song were a reflection of the person's feelings or current situation in life. Last year, it was Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley, and a kind stranger commented that it shouldn't be that way.

Well, it's a different year and a different soundtrack. Only this time, I have no soundtrack. No one song is being played over and over in my car or ipod while I'm at the gym. No song sticks out. For the first time ever, I do not have a coherent theme. Sometimes, the song that plays in my head is the one that goes, "you're the best, around...nothing's ever gonna keep you down...," which was, for you pop culture kiddies played during the final tournament scene in The Karate Kid when Daniel San was working his way to the finals. Honestly, I didn't download the song and I certainly wouldn't admit it if I did. Other times, it's Caught up in the Rapture by Anita Baker. What? Yea. I know right, polar opposites.

Will post again if I ever figure out what that song or songs might be, but for now, I got nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks