Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Old Friend on Law and Order

Last Saturday, I had an encounter with a long-lost friend from my past in another friend's birthday party. Apparently, she knew my other friends from the theater scene back home, and now they're all big time here in the United States in their own little way.

She and I met in college because we were both recruited to sing in this R&B group that managed to get a few significant gigs here and there. We basically performed old school R&B covers such as songs by the Braxtons and Groove Theory among other artists. It totally slipped my mind that she was in New York and was into acting as well.

So we caught up, and I realized quickly that she was still a zany firecracker of a woman. During the conversation, her ADD-ish self digressed to an invitation for me to watch TV in November. Apparently, she's coming out in an episode of Law and Order...more specifically, the opening scene where a witness finds a dead body. Apparently, she was the witness...and not the dead body.

How hot is that?

She also has a french surfer boyfriend who not only knows Philippine geography better than me, but has a tighter Filipino accent, can speak some tagalog, AND can sing Filipino tunes. What a shame for me.

I should start brushing up on my French and show him...Zut alors!!

No comments: