Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

An Ice Cream Phase 2008


It was probably over 5 years ago when I made one of the biggest steps towards a healthier lifestyle. That was the year that I decided to take softdrinks out of my diet entirely (although if absolutely necessary, I will take an orange soda or a small coke once in awhile for lack of having an alternative available). I stepped it up and started drinking more water and juice, and then became less groggy, full and bloated for the years to follow. The second biggest step was cutting down my ice cream intake. I believe at one point, I lasted more than a year without touching ice cream once. Once in a blue moon, I will return to an ice cream phase, which simply translates to finishing up one container and not buying ice cream for another year or so.
My ice cream phase has returned, and this phase's winning indulgence for the first quarter of 2008 goes to ... Edy's Vanilla Sandwich flavor.
During my childhood, I always used to buy grocery brand vanilla sandwiches (not klondikes, or ice cream sandwich wannabes), primarily because of the sequence of taste that fills the mouth when biting gently into a soft but firm chocolate "cookie" while the taste of vanilla cream spreads over my taste buds like a refreshing milkshake. Unfortunately for me, I never really learned how to finish an ice cream sandwich without making a mess of myself, whether it be staining fingers with melted chocolate cookie, allowing vanilla ice cream to drip on my lap, or creating a brown and white mustache.
Decades later, Edy's decided to make life easier for me. Peculiarly, it tastes nothing like your typical cookies n' cream flavor.
So, if you like ice cream and haven't been to the frozen section of the grocery in a long time, take a trip and see what kind of creative new flavors are available.

No comments: