Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Long Distance Ritual: Fried Rice and the Good Things in Life

The reality of today, yesterday, last week, tomorrow and years to come strikes me like a breeze of cool air after a humid session of Bikram Yoga. I am currently weak with metaphors, words, expressions, but quite strong with emotion on the inside...simple, but overwhelming happiness.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life with a woman whom I've called good friend for 16 years, and I could not ask for anyone better. It's amazing how this blog came full circle, and now, I'm so ridiculously happy, I think placing exclamation marks at the end of these sentences would be a form of self-patronization. So let's hide the cheese for a moment and do my favorite long distance ritual today, and dedicate a delicious dinner to the one special woman living halfway across the world.

On tonight's menu, a very simple dish that my wife-to-be cooked for me just a few weeks back during the "proposal" trip: Japanese Fried Rice.

Japanese Rice*
Corn Oil
Teriyaki Sauce
Leeks
Green Peppers
Red Onions
Carrots
Scrambled Egg
Strips of Beef Tenderloin

Throw'em all in and fry, mix, fry, mix, fry!

*Please steam your rice ahead of time. You don't want to be that person who threw rice grains into a wok or pan hoping it would pop into puffy rice.

2 comments:

Sydneydoll said...

fried rice is one of the worlds gifts.

Anonymous said...

this is so appropriate, i'm eating at my desk right now! in other news, your mom miss-texted me today lol.