Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Blue Moon on the Day of the Red

I'll keep this short. It was a good Wednesday the 14th.

I stayed at home and achieved the things I wanted to achieve this Valentine's:

For starters, I had a bottle of blue moon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(beer) upon coming home from work. Really good stuff if you are into Hefeweizen types of white beer (I'm drinking my last bottle now as I type this after an intense episode of Grey's - that's right. I watch the show and am proud of it).

Then I spoke on the phone with one of the most important women in my life, my true valentine, my little adorable sister. She is so sweet and beautiful, it scares me that she'll be a second grader in less than a year (no, I am not insinuating that grade 2 makes you ugly and mischievous). My baby girl is getting older.

Finally and most importantly, I went through what I considered to be my primary Valentine experience...

It wasn't a date.
I didn't give her flowers.
I didn't sing to her.
I didn't give her anything for that matter, and perhaps in some respects, I don't even really give her any attention.
She may be getting more attention on this post than I had intended.
She clearly isn't my girlfriend, but she clearly means something to me.

It was just a simple message. A "Happy Vday" message... and that was enough...more than enough. Good times.

No comments: