Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Empathy and Cheap Thrills

Rita and Lily wanted me to mention them on this post as sort of a Saturday night promise. While I'm not a fan of shout-outs and mentioning people's names, I believe that mentioning them would be timely and appropriate in this instance. So ladies, I have no idea why we find ourselves in this situation and I empathize wholeheartedly (or holeheartedly if you may - blech, how dramatic). Welcome to the U.S. It is quite frustrating, although our stories differ remarkably from each other so I'm not sure that we are all necessarily on the same wavelength. Alas, my knees are weakened partially because of...well,...that...and also because I spent the last 2 hours in the gym. Ah, the bittersweet words of frustration, vulnerability and fun. We'll find our way. The year just started (literally! year of the pig - Kung hei fat choy!).

On a totally unrelated topic, I remembered that, a few years ago, I went on a vacation with a large group of friends to a private island owned by one of my former bandmate's family. I have one of the funniest memories on that island. One night, we were all drinking near the beach and had our guitars. We decided that it would be cool to sing as many songs as possible non-stop using one chord progression, something like G -D - Bm - C, over and over again. It lasted an hour, and we covered everything from Extreme to Michael Jackson, U2 to Wilson Phillips, and The Beatles to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Ridiculous. I can't wait to do it again. I have a lot of new songs in mind.

Back to Boston this weekend. One reunion is long overdue...

Now off to the city to see some old friends and eat a free dinner. No work tomorrow. I think. Booyah.

No comments: