Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Friday, September 28, 2007

My Most Cosmic Fateful Day of the Year

Who would've thought. I'm in shock.

I called up a pizzeria to order lunch, and as I punched in the area code on my phone, I accidentally dialed "1-911" and then hung up immediately after realizing my mistake. A minute later, the office receptionist gets a call from the police inquiring about the call. I told the receptionist there was a misdial.

10 minutes later, a cop comes into our office and asks for my last name just to put it on the record and confirm that there was no actual emergency. As he was talking to me, I asked him if he knew the name of a cop from his county who pulled me out of my car after my near-death accident last October.

He said it was him. He asked me if I was the guy who ended up in the reservoir off Route 22 and said he had pictures of the accident confirming that I drove a Jeep. Up to this day, they're puzzled as to why I wasn't killed judging from the pictures. I was speechless; I shook his hand and told him I couldn't thank him enough.

What makes this even more shocking is the fact that I was planning (and still planning) to visit all the people who helped me on my first year anniversary of the accident, which is just a few weeks away.

Such a cosmic world we live in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I somehow stumbled upon your blog months ago and occassionally stop by to read your posts. (mostly because I like your writing style and find you interesting).

Very interesting post today! Life is very strange sometimes. Wasn't aware you were in an accident almost a year ago. Glad to hear you're doing ok.

-Lori in Jersey

AcidJazzBoy said...

Lori in Jersey, thanks for your kind words. Check out my profile and shoot me an email through my email link. I like meeting new people. Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

nice app
Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen with signature.
Gesture Lock Screen
nice app
Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen with signature.
Gesture Lock Screen