Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Pivotal Moments

There really are great reasons as to why I have not given much attention to "Confessions of a Sensitive Man" in a long time. I knew 2007 was going to be a special year although I was slightly misled to believe through astrology and fortune cookies that everything would occur during the beginning of the year and throughout the summer. Yes, much has happened, including a short-term relationship that ended early early on (yes, for those of you who have emailed and asked, the "girlfriend" mentioned in previous posts is no longer in a relationship with me, and it has been that way for awhile). Yet shockingly, as I waited for 2008 to appear as a reminder that 2007 was just another year of earning money and having a relationship, the most amazing and unrelated phases of transformation occurred during these late months of the year. What makes it even more spectacular is that in hindsight, it appears that the entire 2007 was somewhat of an ontological change, and it is far from over entering the final few weeks of the year.

Having said that, I do not believe now is the right time to get into the details, most especially since the stories running this episode in my life are far from being complete. Accordingly, I will leave this post with some random yet related thoughts that have been the basis for this irregular and exciting sequence of events.

Do you agree that perhaps one of the most difficult things to do in life is to genuinely come to terms with happiness? We joke about the workaday world and how "work sucks" and you wish you were doing one thing over another. How frightening is it to actually do something out of the comfort zone and choose happiness?

Another thing. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Was it crazy because it was so worth it, but the average reasonable person could never really do it? Was it exhilirating to do it? Was it a true moment in your life?

Final thing. Do not underestimate friendship. You don't know what it has in store for you later down the road.

Last week, I traveled halfway across the world for a few days and on a whim to provoke some of these questions, and I came back realizing that life was new yet again, and I am loving it. My friends said this is the craziest thing I have ever done, yet they supported me all the way. I figured that after all, as so aptly sung by Seal, "we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice app
Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen with signature.
Gesture Lock Screen
nice app
Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen with signature.
Gesture Lock Screen