Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Friday, May 09, 2008

Movies, Bloghers and Long Distance Relationships

My route through the online universe today took a few unexpected and surprising turns that left me with a smile on my face. Three simple online events took place, which taken together, made me appreciate the fact that I am appreciating the small things in life. For starters, I did find myself watching the trailer of the new Batman movie The Dark Knight. The reinvention of the Batman saga on the big screen is now appropriately following the graphic novel and comic book threads of alternate storylines, interpretations and depictions of the psyche known as Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman. Suffice it to say, the original Batman, starring Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson, and Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale and a gang of oscarworthy actors, are my two favorite films of the kind to date.

I was then pleasantly surprised when I discovered that a new film from brilliant and daring producer/director/cameo-actor M. Night Shyamalan is a month away from keeping me on the edge of my seat. The mind-blowing, at times dark, yet smooth films of Shyamalan make the hairs on my skin stand. Movies with spectacular twists top my list of genre preferences, and within that category, Shyamalan is king. This new film, The Happening, looks like a promising enough apocalyptic mystery to quench my spin-thirsty mind.

I must say though, that the highlight of my day was something other than appeasing my movie-buff self. Apparently, Confessions of a Sensitive Man has been cited on someone else's blog (other than relationship guru Keith Ferrazzi's blog Never Eat Alone - buy his book when you get a chance). In particular, a woman blogged about her preparations for a long distance relationship and cited to other blogs that have discussed the same topic, mine included. What makes this interesting, is that her blog is located in an all woman blog community, Blogher. The site also contained links to other related posts from other bloggers in the community.

Read her thoughts when you get a chance at Blogher. She expresses her difficulty and melancholy in being physically separated from her loved one, the feelings of which I am currently most familiar. I wanted to leave a comment, but only members can leave comments, and I believe only women can be members! My heart goes out to those people going for the long distance arrangement, and I wish them all the strength, faith and confidence needed to sustain their most intimate and relevant of connections. I also have special admiration for those who express the reality of their long distance relationships through blogging.

Cheers to you all.

No comments: