Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Thursday, January 05, 2006

First Post: Introductions

"First Posts" are typically boring to read. I'm going to try to avoid the whole psychoanalysis and meta-analysis that go into writing first posts...such as writing about first posts. I like delving into the meat of things. I like eating the steak before the salad.

So instead, let's just make this a short introduction. If you like this blog, then feel free to update me with all the grammatical mistakes that have stuck with me since my years as a private Catholic high schooler in Asia. This should help me revise my writing style in time for the upcoming bar exams.

See? Wasn't that interesting? I taught you 3 things about myself in a span of 2 sentences:
(1) I'm not a good writer;
(2) I'm a law student (as exhibited by my attempt to enumerate this category like a federal code gone wrong);
(3) I went to a private Catholic high school in Asia

*speaking of which, if you've read the Da Vinci Code...I went to an Opus Dei high school...and no, I do not practice corporal mortification with a cilice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_mortification#Practices_in_Different_Religions_.26_Cultures

Presently, I'm fighting jetlag from a 26-hour travel episode, so this post will be short. A few things to know. Acid Jazz has been my choice of music for life. I have been listening to (and performing) this genre since the earliest of the 90's. As for "Sensitive Man" - well, you'll see for yourself. If you don't like a man who is open about his feelings, and would rather spend time observing men that typically embody the type of machismo that has been floating around society since the beginning of time, then this isn't the place for you. Although, I must say, I do have my moments when it comes to sports and other "guy" things.

One day, Oprah will notice me and ask me to come onto her show. Before that, I have one more semester of law school and the bar exams to hack.

Introduction over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oprah's great. Just try to avoid The Smoking Gun.

Anonymous said...

From one sensitive guy to another: Hi! i've been engaged twice, actually, and neither situation worked out very well, so believe me -- I can empathize. Your comment about the whole machismo complex is apt; tons of guys feel it's critical to bottle up their emotions or else they'll become gay or something (which is bad, why?). I don't happen to be gay, but that's off topic. Wait, what is the topic? Oh yeah, just that I like this blog so far and I empathize. Keep writing, it's cathartic!