Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Your current life soundtrack: Who follows you to work?

Do you remember the Starbucks TV commercial where the young professional, Glen, holding a can of starbucks double espresso shot, leaves his apartment with the old pop rock band Survivor following him around, singing "Eye of the Tiger" as a going-to-work soundtrack/theme song? Admit it. Most of us have done it at least once in our lives: with our ipods, walkmans, or "stereo in our heads," we press play and pretend that we're in a movie, listening to that one theme song as we trek towards the subway, headed to work like a dramatic fashionable entrance lodged in the sequence of a hot hollywood plot.

Well, for the past 6 months my waking up and heading out theme song has been "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley (www.jeffbuckley.com) may he rest in peace. Not the pumper song you expected. It probably means that my current life movie is not an action flick.

It's a phenomenal song though. Download it. Legally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Keith Ferrazzi's, and I just want to offer you a little word of encouragement. I'm 27 as well, and have been through some tough emotional times. I am also a huge Jeff Buckley fan, and while sometimes it feels great to revel in his penetrating pain, remember that she wil be a tear that hangs inside your soul forever if you continue to listen. I'm not saying to toss Jeff to the curb (what fan could?), but I have had to strategically limit my Buckley-listening for some self preservation.

Take care.