Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Changes Post-Trauma

Just some random thoughts about how things are changing around here:

1. I have made up with my ex-fiancee. We are now friends again. I found the inner peace needed to gently close the book on one long story and continue another one through friendship. Many have asked me if I would go back to her. Quite honestly, I don't even want to answer that question because it's just irrelevant at this very moment. Equally, having a sure answer to that question and not telling anyone what the answer is should not be brought to any kind of speculation. I'm just glad that I reached a point of really moving on. To think, it wasn't dating and living my life alone that led me to this peace...it was more of the combination of dating, living my life alone, and experiencing a near fatal accident that brought me to healing this once tumultuous relationship.

2. I am considering cutting beef and pork from my diet for 2007.

3. A blessing in disguise - I prayed may darndest to recover fully and quickly. A surprise herniated disc kept that prayer from being answered. After a few days of sadness, I realized that there was something good in all of this. The herniated disc will be treated by constant physical therapy and the strengthening of my lower back. It will be supplemented by exercises, and other forms of specific physical activity. Furthermore, the condition is easier to treat with a stronger upper body in general. A big stomach won't help support good posture, and a faulty posture will not help alleviate my condition. Thus, we go back to number 2.

4. I need to start planning my future in such a way that I have the time and resources to take care of my family in the same way they have taken care of me.

5. It's time to regain the inner faith that the right woman will come into my life. It's been a long time waiting. I haven't been in a relationship in a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rushing into anything right now. This is more of a self-reminder to relax. I have a good career ahead of me, a fresh perspective on life, some confidence in meeting with people and the belief that the right person will just walk into my life when it's supposed to happen. Being single with the prospect of meeting someone at anytime may be one of the more exciting feelings anyone can have.

6. It's time to bring my work ethic to a new level as a real attorney. It's time to perform.

Life begins again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great list. Except for the cutting-out-the-meat part. Bacon tastes too good. Besides, I haven't met a single lawyer who doesn't eat bacon. Actually, I heard there was a litigator somewhere in Berkeley who gave it up. But he got disbarred in July. You know why? You guessed it. Lack of bacon.

So don't cut out the bacon, for god's sake. If for nothing else but to preserve your career.