Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Road Rage Against the Machine

I believe I must speak out against road rage...and hard-headedness for that matter.

Road rage has gotten me punched by an amateur boxer, threatened by an old man with a cane, and most recently, immobilized at the bottom of a hill off Route 22 in New York only avoiding death through sheer divine intervention.

Yet, the rage persists. Today was no exception. I don't even want to go into it, but I can never figure out how I developed this ... this disorder. It has to stop.

Meanwhile, I've been listening to Rage Against the Machine (and Alice in Chains for that matter) as of late -- no connection to the road rage topic whatsoever (yes, I mean it...no connection) -- and it makes me want to buy an electric. I haven't channeled and released my frustrations through a musical instrument in such a long time. I almost feel like my anxieties are well-kept inside my body and not wanting to leave. I need to play music to thrive and survive.

Going back to my topic, if you drive down Route 22 now, you will see that on one of the curves, a cross has been erected in memory of someone who recently died there because of a car accident. Driving further down south, you will see the curve that I drove off. I can't be this hard-headed. I need to get this seemingly innocuous yet incredibly hazardous part of my life together before God decides that one extra chance is enough for this lifetime.

No comments: