Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Monday, August 07, 2006

28 Years

No. This is not a movie critique on that sick British apocalyptic movie about zombies (which I realized is 28 days and not years anyway). It's something just as frightening. My 28th birthday.

Let's plot my life at this very moment of turning 28 and see where I am in the universal scheme of things.

Job? Yes. Lawyer to be pending a favorable letter by the New York Board of Law Examiners. My boss just called me and told me that I should start earlier. While cutting into vacation time is never a fun thing, starting my new career should be just as fun. . . I think. Of course, we're plotting where I am at this very moment, so a further conversation on attempting to get a masters in music business at NYU wouldn't be in line with this blog entry.

Health? Good luck to me. My cholesterol score is probably higher than all of my standardized test scores in my lifetime put together. It's time to hit the gym and get that body into good shape. I promise. This is the year. And yes...that includes a healthier diet.

Partner/Lover/Girlfriend? None. Am I almost there? Not really. Other than random dates and setups, *deleted segment* Change topic. Won't jinx anything at this point.

Wealth? No paycheck yet. Nothing to talk about here.

Place to live? Don't get me started with my apartment search. New York real estate is probably the most anyone will ever have to spend in their entire life. I just want a washer and dryer in my unit and I don't want a kitchen with linoleum floors. It's really gross.

So in general, I give myself an 8 out of 10 for starting a new life as a lawyer in NY. I have a lot to work on this year. I can't wait to see what happens. Happy birthday to me.

No comments: