Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Ipod is Dead

I can't believe this. I had such a sad day. After two hours of waiting for some help with my comatose Ipod and helping a total stranger find her birth certificate and other vital documents/information(http://acidjazzboy.blogspot.com/2006/08/blogging-from-apple-store-and-saving.html), the "geniuses" of Apple couldn't do a thing. Suddenly, the Apple Store along 5th Avenue didn't seem like the electronics version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory; it was more like a killer season finale of ER.

My Ipod is dead.

It's too expensive to get it fixed and there is no guarantee that the hard drive will not self-discombobulate again. It's gone only after a bit over a year. Yes. The warranty has expired.

I can't tell which was worse, the death of my Ipod - a comfort purchase I made in California after bumping into my ex-fiancee - or the guilt of buying a new Ipod Nano while trimming the weight of the wallet and bank account. I seriously felt guilty for buying a new one. I feel better now after listening to the new Brand New Heavies song "Let's Do It Again" from their new album "Get Used to It." http://www.myspace.com/thebrandnewheavies

It's a good thing I don't have a pet. . . or even worse, a tamagotchi. http://www.mimitchi.com/html/q1.htm

1 comment:

Jenny said...

so sorry for your loss.
ok, im really not. but what the hell, we always say things we dont really mean. blame it on the hormones.
Great blog, btw. love your writing.
and i mean that.
sorry for droppin by like this. im so bored out of my screamin noggin. waiting for sleep to finally knock me dead.
again, blame it on the hormones.