Confessions of a Sensitive Man Headline Animator

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My 100th Post

About two years later, I have found myself in an entirely different place and living a life that is a far cry from the lost and somewhat slower life that once served as the premise on which this blog was created. To commemorate the life of Confessions of a Sensitive Man, I will list down some random, important and not-so important insights that have, and are continuing to contribute to the shaping of my life:

1. Many people have found this blog and reached out to me because they were part of broken engagements. On that note, I only wish for those readers that which has hopefully been evident from the evolution of this blog: we grow, live, forgive ourselves and others, and become happy.

2. Accordingly, I want this blog to completely shed its identity of being the bulletin board of a once broken man. I am tempted to erase old posts just because I knew I was a different person back then, but then my journey and story would not be so apparent if I did some erasing.

3. I am going home soon, and am damn happy about it.

4. I finally get to see my girlfriend after 4 months of creative relations and communications. Realization: I do not recommend long-distance relationships, unless you believe you've found the one, are creative and disciplined in keeping in touch, and have made some plans to be together in the near future.

5. I listen to classical music on my to work and back home. The opportunity for road rage or even negative thoughts has diminished significantly and miraculously.

6. Not all was lost during the writer's strike. I started getting into "The Office"(http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/) and has been a constant source of crazy entertainment.

7. Today, on my way to the office, I was waiting at an intersection with a school bus in front of me. I noticed a bunch of wacky kids waving at me. I waved back, and one of the girls raised her fist in the air as if she was just chosen from the audience to compete on The Price is Right. The rest of the kids kept on waving and started making weird gestures. After a few bouts of misinterpretation, I realized what it was they wanted from me. So I started honking my horn to a corny playful beat. The kids went into a frenzy and started giving me "thumbs up" signs. I'm glad I contributed to somebody's happiness today.

8. I have a new project in the works, and it involves music. Could this be it?

9. The recurrence of nerve problems down my leg has prompted me to go back to my doctor and a physical therapist. In order for me to avoid surgery, I need to strengthen my back and abdominal area. Perhaps this is the kick in the ass from God that has gotten me to become more disciplined in taking care of my body and shaping up. Perhaps, it is a true blessing in disguise.

10. I bought new hot chocolate flavored Pop-Tarts. Delicious. Get some now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to "random insight #1" I have to agree..I have grown, moved on and am very happy!

Sounds like all is well with you.

Same here! Keep up the great posts. Its still a refreshing thing to read time and again.